Theme of the conference is: supportive communities and sustainable development
The overall objectives of the conference are:
- Understand the issues related to the provision of integrated care and community-based planning
- Learn how to apply concepts of sustainable development in community-based planning
- Identify the priorities in the reform of legal and financial frameworks
- Showcase models of integrated care and sustainable development
- Address the issues of stakeholder cooperation in sustainable development.
The conference will answer questions, focusing on the changes required in support services to embrace and implement the human rights approach, looking at the connection between the UN Sustainable Development Goals and the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities:.
- How can communities provide support meeting sustainable development goals?
- How can support be provided to persons with different needs in a context of changing communities and changing needs?
- How can sustainable development fully incorporate individual and societal needs?
- What is the role of the UN Sustainable Development Goals in promoting the development of supportive communities?
If you have innovative projects and/or activities to present in the field of community-based support and sustainable development you may consider presenting your model in one of the workshops.
More information: conference website